On Campus - All Operators
On Campus Operations - What's Required?
All flight operations conducted on campus must be approved before any flights can take place. Operators without all permissions/approvals will likely have Public Safety and Boise Police chasing them down. On campus operations may include:
- University business
- Teaching activities and student projects
- Drone Registration and Flight Notification Form
- Liability Insurance
Drone (UAS) Registration and Operation Form - When is it required?
All pilots operating on campus and university users operating on or off campus must submit the Drone (UAS) Registration and Operation Form and receive approval prior to conducting flight operations. University stakeholders review submissions to ensure
- FAA and university requirements are met,
- Flights will not interfere with other campus activities, and
- Risk is minimized for people and property.
Operators must have submission approval prior to any drone operations.