Welcome our New GGO Leadership for 2023-2024

President: Casey Crawford
Vice President: Aman KC
Financial Officer: Naheem Adebisi
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer: Yas Jafari
Faculty Liaison: none
President: Casey Crawford
Currently researching geochronology and volcanic ash chemistry of Mid-Miocene tephra. Interested in lots of things spanning chemistry, geoscience, and biology.
MS_Proposal_Photo.png
Vice President: Aman KC 
Hi everyone! I am a second year geosciences Masters student. I am on the third floor, where you will find me using remote sensing to find the terminus ablation rates for glaciers in Kalaallit Nunaat (Greenland). I received my Bachelors in Geomatics Engineering from Tribhuvan University, Nepal and moved to Boise last year to start working on graduate school here at BSU! Outside of research I love hiking, traveling, floating the river, and playing basketball. I am enthusiastic about carrying forward the excellent initiatives to foster a spirit of togetherness and belonging within the department.
image_67165185.JPG
Financial Officer: Naheem Adebisi
Naheem is a second-year PhD student in Geophysics working with Hp Marshall. His dissertation focuses on leveraging LiDAR, RADAR and machine Learning modelling to understand snow distribution and its impact on remote sensing. He holds a master degree in environmental engineering and a bachelor degree in Geoinformatics. He is experienced in GIS, earth observation data analysis and GeoApp development.
1B870E15-9603-42A7-96CC-A3FD79E359CB.jpeg
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer: Yas Jafari
I was born and grew up in Iran and I received my bachelor’s in Geology from Shiraz University (former Pahlavi). In 2006, my husband and I moved to Australia to pursue grad studies, where I did a master’s in Environmental Sciences and worked in one of the biggest OSL labs (CABAH-research center) at the University of Wollongong (UOW) for over 10 years. We then lived in Europe for a couple of years before moving to the United States in August 2022. My research passion has been always around soil and agriculture and hopefully, I will get a good job done here!
Yasi.PNG