We are a vibrant community of undergraduate and graduate students pursuing a variety of educational goals in the geosciences including successful futures in industry, consulting, government and graduate school.
Boise, Idaho’s capital, is consistently ranked at the top of the country or region in national surveys and major magazines as a place to live and recreate.
Interested prospective undergraduate students should visit the Department’s Undergraduate Programs Page and our How to Apply page, as well as apply directly through the Boise State University Undergraduate Admissions process.
Prospective students interested in any of our Geosciences Graduate Degree Programs should directly contact individual faculty in their discipline of interest and follow the admissions process. Many of our graduate students receive financial assistance – teaching assistantships, research assistantships, traineeships or part-time professional employment with the department. Please click here for more financial information.
We encourage all prospective students to tour our website, come by the department for a visit or directly contact our faculty for more information.
- Blackboard Learn : Many class web sites can be found here. A login is required.
- myBoisestate: Boise State University student self-service system.
- Course Schedules : Search schedules for what classes will be offered, class times and room assignments.
- Course Catalogs (Graduate and Undergraduate): Description of courses and admission requirements offered by the Department of Geosciences.
- Student Clubs: Geology Club and Geophysics Club
- Geosciences Library Research Guide: Geosciences resources at Boise State University’s Albertsons Library.
- Dean of Students- Resources Offered: Food, financial, & legal assistance, impact scholars program, student handbook & relaxation room, worried about a student?, and additional services.
- Help Center