Matthew J. Kohn
University Distinguished Professor
- Ph.D. | Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- M.S. | Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- B.S. | Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
Metamorphic/tectonic evolution of mountain ranges, stable isotopes of vertebrate fossils for paleoclimate and paleoecology, geochemistry of metamorphic minerals and fossils.
View my research here
- GEOS300: Earth Materials
- GEOS345: Igneous/Metamorphic Petrology
- GEOS 436/636: Stable Isotope Geochemistry
- GEOS497/597/697: Seminar in Geochemistry
- GEOS540: Tectonics Seminar
- GEOS584: Selected Topics in Tectonics
- GEOS607: Paleoclimatology and Paleoceanography
I currently have projects across the Himalaya (metamorphism and tectonics), and in southern Argentina (paleoclimate and paleoecology). There are additional opportunities to work on trace element and isotopic zoning in metamorphic minerals, tectonics in the Alps and Scandinavian Caledonides, and trace elements in vertebrate fossils.