Admission to Upper Division College of Education Standing for Educational Studies Bachelor of Arts Degree
The Department of Curriculum, Instruction and Foundational Studies requires all candidates for the Bachelor of Arts in Educational Studies to apply for upper division College of Education standing. To be admitted to upper-division standing, a student must meet the following criteria prior to enrolling in selected upper-division courses with the prerequisite of “upper-division College of Education standing.” Students will be required to follow procedures to be admitted prior to enrollment in these courses.
Minimum Criteria for Admission to Upper Division College of Education Standing
1. Admission to Boise State
2. Complete Application Packet
- First Friday in February for fall semester admission
- Second Friday in September for spring semester admission
4. Academic Requirements:
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Seven or eight credits of Foundations of Natural and Applied Science, as required by your degree, with a grade of C or better
- Completion of The Foundations of Writing (FW) requirement
- Teacher Education Pre-Professional Courses. ED-LLC 201, ED-ESP 250 or ED-ESP 350, ED-CIFS 201, ED-CIFS 203 or ED-ESP 223, and EDTECH-202 or ED-ESP 255 with a minimum grade of C in each course and an average GPA of at least 2.5 for all teacher education courses.
- Successful interview with Teacher Education interview panel.