PRIOR TO APPLYING FOR ADMISSION:
- Request more information at the bottom of this page to request a transcript review and to discuss endorsement options.
- Note that the four-semester program assumes that your endorsement coursework is completed. You may not begin the program until your endorsement coursework is documented as complete by the program coordinator.
Applicants are required to have earned at least a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university or a degree from a non-U.S. institution of higher education that is judged equivalent to a U.S. baccalaureate degree by the International Admissions office and have an undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 (based on a 4-point scale) computed for all undergraduate credits from the applicant’s most recent baccalaureate degree.
Admission to the program is based on the following items. Note that some items are handled by the Office of Teacher Education and some are submitted to the Graduate College via your application:
Handled by the Office of Teacher Education
- Criminal history check, a completed fingerprint card and a $27 fee for the background check (check or money order only, made out to the Idaho State Department of Education).
- Pick up fingerprinting card in College of Education, Office of Teacher Education, located in the Education Building, Room, 722 and follow all directions.
- Completion of an admission interview. You will be contacted with dates/times.
Submitted via Graduate College Application
Official transcripts from all colleges attended, which will be analyzed for:
- 3.0 GPA in endorsement area (if completed in earlier degrees)
- Documentation of earning a B or better in at least one 100 or 200 level 3-semester credit hour course in each of the following content areas:
- History, geography, government/civics or economics
- The arts (dance, music, theater or visual arts)
- Physical activity or heath/well-being
- Letter of intent (1-2 pages) describing applicant’s experience and/or potential for working with children and or schools.
- Two letters of recommendation describing applicant’s experience or potential for working with children or schools.
- Upload documentation of a cleared background check into the Graduate College application
- Documentation of a passing score on Praxis #5733 Core Academic Skills for Educators: Mathematics