In Idaho, special education teaching certification includes all types of exceptionalities spanning grades Kindergarten to Grade 12. An Idaho teacher certified in special education could teach anywhere from a secondary transition program to an elementary resource room.
The Special Education option prepares an educator to teach in any special education classroom or program, and provides certification for the grade options listed below.
- Department Name: Department of Early and Special Education
- Official Degree Name: Special Education
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Arts
- Type of Idaho Teaching Certification: K-12th grade option: Exceptional Child Generalist (K-12), P-8th grade option: Exceptional Child Generalist (K-8) and Early Childhood Special Education (Pre-K-3), P-12th grade option: Exceptional Child Generalist (K-12) and Early Childhood Special Education (Pre-K-3)
- Note for Students with Out-of-State Home Addresses: If considering an academic program that leads to a professional license or certification in your state, it is highly recommended that you first seek guidance from the appropriate licensing agency in your home state BEFORE beginning the academic program located outside your state, or upon changing states. Visit the Professional Licensure Disclosures website for more information.
*Do you already have an undergraduate degree and are looking for a graduate option to earn your teaching certification? Check out our Master In Teaching (MIT) programs. Most programs can be completed within a year and will earn both a master’s degree and teaching certification.