TRIO STEM Scholars Program
We believe students from all socioeconomic backgrounds should have equal opportunity to earn a post-secondary education. Our goal is to motivate and support students who are first-generation or limited-income or have a disability to pursue and attain a college degree. The Boise State University TRIO STEM Scholars Program is designed to help students achieve their dream of graduating from college with an undergraduate degree in a STEM field.
To be eligible for TRIO STEM Scholars, you must be a student working towards an undergraduate degree in a STEM field. You must also meet one or more of the following criteria:
- First-generation college student, or
- A financially limited college student, or
- A student with a documented disability
- Free individual tutoring for any freshman or sophomore level course
- One-on-one advising
- Academic development skills training
- Career and major exploration
- Social and cultural opportunities
Meet the TRIO STEM Scholars Cohort!
Since many of our students are still learning virtually, we asked all of the new TRIO STEM Scholars to submit a photo and a few fun facts about themselves, so that we can get to know them better!
Click the link below to see their photos and read more about them!
Apply for TRIO STEM Scholars!
If you feel you, or someone you know, may qualify to be a part of the TRIO STEM Scholars Program please click the button below to apply.