In recognition of the annual First-Generation College Celebration on November 8, the College of Education profiled outstanding first-generation students November 5-12. This year, five first-generation students from across the university were featured. Each student is involved in programs in the College of Education’s Center for Multicultural Educational Opportunities (CMEO) which includes a variety of programs that support first-generation college students. This year’s featured students are listed below with the CMEO program they’re involved in, along with more information at each of their links.
- Allie Arizmendi-Sanchez, College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP), TRIO STEM Scholars
- Heather Campbell, TRIO Upward Bound, TRIO Rising Scholars
- Robel Clifton, TRIO STEM Scholars
- Gerardo Herrera, College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP), McNair Scholars
- Katie Kadrmas, TRIO Academic Coaching & Educational Support (ACES)