Marshall “Daimyo” Hainer debuts as Boise State’s newest Valorant player

Boise State’s Valorant team started their season with a bang beating Oregon State in a very close Gridiron Rivals Valorant match. The Valorant team started it’s season with a lot of new expectations on its shoulders. Especially critical was the question of how some of their new players would do competing for the first time. Marshall “Daimyo” Hainer debuted in this match and did an outstanding job in his new initiator role. His victory last week underscores the general enthusiasm he has as a new Boise State freshman.

Hainer comes from Gig Harbor, Washington and is adjusting well to his new home of Boise. Daimyo says he really enjoys the vibe of Boise and the uniqueness of its destinations. He also speaks highly of his team members as people who can make him laugh but also keep challenging him to improve in gameplay. “I was drawn to the university it feels like through fate,” says Hainer, “I felt almost called to come here.”

Hainer came into Valorant already well versed in tactical shooters with CS:GO being his previous favorite game. “I first played the game with friends when we all got our early access keys. I really loved the way the game played and the aesthetic of Valorant. Which is why I am still playing it,” says Hainer.

Daimyo is currently pursuing a major in Psychology with a tentative graduation of Spring 2026. “My goals going forward in my life is to work hard, have no regrets, and make the most of the opportunity I have been given. I am going to make people proud of what I do and I am going to do it my way,” said Daimyo.

Written by Jacob Palmer.

daimyo freshman picture
Marshall “Daimyo” Hainer posing for the camera during his freshman year.