Budget Increase Information
Because every student’s financial situation is unique, we have some flexibility to consider exceptions.
In some cases, your budget or Cost of Attendance may be increased for certain types of expenses you have that may not apply to all students. Increasing your budget may allow more eligibility for aid but is not always a guarantee of additional aid.
Have you incurred exceptional expenses as a student or family? We recommend discussing your situation with our office or reviewing some of the budget increase options below.
Budget Increase Options
- Dependent and Day Care Expense – You’ll be asked for documentation for Idaho Child Care Program and other assistance. On our forms page, look for Budget Increase Form.
- Excessive Transportation Expenses – You’ll be asked to submit a letter explaining your circumstances plus written documentation. On our forms page, look for Budget Increase Form.
- Computer Expense – Only one budget increase for computer expenses allowed during enrollment at Boise State. On our forms page, look for Budget Increase Form.
- Child Maintenance Allowance – Possibility for independent students who have children ages 0-18 and who have a zero Expected Family Contribution (EFC). Contact our office to discuss your situation.
- Excessive Medical/Dental Expenses – You’ll be asked to submit a letter explaining your circumstances plus written documentation. Contact our office to discuss your situation.