Social Media Assistant Job Description
Student Involvement and Leadership Center
Social Media Assistant
The Student Involvement and Leadership Center Social Media Assistant works with a team of student Programming Assistants and a student Marketing Assistant to plan, create, manage, implement, and evaluate the social media marketing for all Student Involvement and Leadership Center programs and events.
- Work with the student Marketing Assistant and team of student Programming Assistants (team of ~9 students) to create and implement social media marketing plans for each hosted program. Visit our website, www.boisestate.edu/getinvolved, for a calendar of upcoming programs and events.
- Oversee all social media accounts – Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, as well as publishing dashboards (such as Buffer).
- Manage all promotions and advertisements.
- Review analytics to assess success and recommend improvements for future ads.
- Develop strategies to increase followership and engagement.
- Manage regular posting schedule of event promotions.
- Develop miscellaneous content to increase followership.
- Host special programs, such as “Instagram Challenges.”
- Create Facebook events for each hosted program.
- Monitor and respond to comments and direct messages in a timely manner.
- Make occasional posts to cross-promote events hosted by other departments.
- Manage social media engagement during events, such as Facebook Live and other live posts.
- Collaborate with University Communications and Marketing staff to cross-promote events on the official Boise State University accounts.
- Take photos at events and upload albums to Facebook.
- Manage photo albums on department drives and Google Drive.
- Work with the Marketing Assistant to promote Student Involvement and Leadership Center at University wide events.
- Strong functional knowledge of social media principles, practices, and the desire to apply that knowledge in a professional environment.
- Ability to learn and adhere to university brand standards and divisional marketing practices.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well and quickly under pressure both individually and as a part of a team.
- Excellent project management skills to consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to relate to and assist all members of our diverse campus community.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled at Boise State University in a certificate/degree-seeking program and, if hired, be enrolled in six credits or more each semester that they are employed.
- Applicants must have at least a cumulative 2.50 GPA and, if hired, must maintain at least a cumulative 2.50 GPA each semester they are employed.
- This paid student position can also be registered for internship credits.
- Starting hourly wage of $10.00.
- Paid summer training June 14 – July 31, 2021. 5-10 hours per week.
- Position commitment August 2, 2021 – May 7, 2022, at 15 hours per week. A minimum of 10 office hours; the remaining hours will be completed via staff meetings, program attendance, remote work, and additional office hours as needed.
- Fall training will be the week of Monday, August 2, 2021. Spring training will be the week of January 3, 2022.
- Staff will not work during Thanksgiving Break, Spring Break, and two weeks during Winter Break. There will be weeknight and weekend commitments.
- Work Study is not required for this position; however, work-study recipients are encouraged to apply.
Apply using the online application available on our website, www.boisestate.edu/getinvolved. Application are due by 11:59 PM MST on Sunday, February 28, 2021. Interviews will take place during the weeks of March 3 and March 17.
Questions? For questions about this position please contact Mikayla Mitzel (firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit us in the Student Involvement and Leadership Center (2nd floor of the Student Union above the BRC).