Start a New Student Organization
Start a new organization with at least three (3) currently enrolled Boise State students at any point during the year.
How to Start an Organization
- Fill out the New Student Organization Intake form to provide a basic idea of what your vision is for the organization and help Student Involvement prepare to best advise you on the next steps.
- At least three (3) founding members of the new organization will need to meet with a Student Organization Coordinator to discuss your plans for the proposed student organization. During this meeting, we will get to know each other better, discuss the level of support your organization may need (we call this a Path), any training/advisor requirements, and the next steps in the process.
- Complete a Student Organization Constitution form. This is the basic framework of the organization and includes the fundamental principles which govern and guide its operation. To make things easier, Student Involvement has created this template which also includes the mandatory clauses specific to student groups at Boise State University.
- Once steps 1-3 are complete, Student Involvement will create and give you access to your pending organization portal in Engage. You can then customize it with your officer positions and other relevant information.
- Complete Relevant Training. After you update your Engage portal, Student Involvement will email instructions to officers to complete any required officer training. All officer training must be successfully completed with at least an 80% score.
- When all steps are complete and materials have been reviewed and processed, you will receive an email notification that your club has been recognized by the Student Involvement and Leadership Center.
- Upon official recognition, your organization will receive active status, and your Engage portal will display in the Student Organizations directory.
- Refer to the Student Organizations Handbook to learn your organization’s responsibilities, detailed information on your benefits, and Student Involvement and Leadership Center processes and procedures. We look forward to working with you!
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com or call (208) 426-1223.