Believe in Broncos: Debbie Kaylor and Kimber Shaw

Debbie Kaylor and Kimber Shaw
Boise State alums Debbie Kaylor, director of Career Services and Kimber Shaw, associate registrar for Registration and Records

Each year Boise State alums, Debbie Kaylor, Career Services director, and Kimber Shaw, associate registrar for Registration and Records, volunteer for B on the Blue. They help students move into their residence halls and find their way around campus during the first week of classes.

“I volunteer because I fell in love with Boise State the first day I stepped on campus a lot of years ago. It was a scary transition for a small-town Idaho girl, but Boise State changed my life in so many positive ways. Campus has grown and changed over the years, but I still love it and am so proud to be a Bronco. I want everyone who steps on campus to feel like they are welcome and that they belong.” said Debbie Kaylor.

“Boise State University and our students are my life passion. I have been at Boise State since 1990 and before that I was a student employee and volunteered in that capacity too. This university contributed to my personal development and identity in a very significant way. It continues to contribute to my professional development. I moved from a very small town about 65 miles away in 1985 to attend Boise State. I was lucky enough to meet faculty, staff and other students early on who would become my mentors and life-long friends. Boise State is my home and if I can be a small part of making that happen for our students, I am all in,” said Kimber Shaw.

Connect with the Alumni Association

Believe in Broncos

Through its nearly nine decades of educating students, Boise State has inspired great devotion from those who support the university as donors, volunteers, mentors, and more. #BelieveInBroncos is our way to share their stories.

Want to Know More? Let's Chat!