It will be happening on Monday, September 24th from 4:30-5:30 in Norco room 117.
This is a really important meeting because we will be electing our new officers for the coming year! We will also take time to get to know everyone and plan some future meetings.
If you have plans to apply to dental school at any time, this is a great opportunity to be in a leadership position and help plan activities for the club. We all have similar goals of reaching dental school, and you can help others with this goal. Being an officer in this club requires time dedicated to planning events, guest speakers and even meeting with other pre-dental students to give advice. Anyone who is planning on applying to dental school may put them self down to be on the ballot for any of the officers.
If you do not want to be an officer, please still come! We want all the pre-dental students there to vote and also we will take some time to discuss future meetings and resources for some of you to get started at looking at dental schools.
There are 4 positions in the club for which we will need officers for:
- Vice President
- Vice President of Operations/Volunteer Coordinator
- Vice President of Finance
How will elections work?
- Please carefully review each position in the constitution for the club. This is the constitution we voted to accept last fall. Each position will have different responsibilities, but your overall goals should be the same.
- All of the positions are equally important. All of the positions will require that you complete training through the Get Involved Center in order for the OrgSync page to be up and active. It will be the responsibility of all the officers to ensure training and the page is up to date. If you are elected to any position, it is your responsibility and commitment to ensure these things happen.
- Important: Voting will happen in the order of officers presented above. It will happen one at a time. If, for example, you want to run for president and you are not selected, you may then put yourself in the running for Vice President, and so on down the line. This will ensure greater opportunity for those who want to be an officer to participate. So it may be a benefit to you to put your name down for a couple of the positions.
- Additionally: Each candidate for any position will take 1 minute to talk about them self, why they are a good candidate and what they hope to accomplish in the club. This will be fairly brief, so make it count, especially for those who don’t know you yet 🙂
You must be present at this meeting to be in the running for any position
Please use the following Google Form to mark down which position you will be running for on the ballot. I know we have quite a few pre-dental students I have never met, so I hope that everyone is able to attend! If this time doesn’t work, then hopefully we will catch you at our next meeting. I apologize for the long email! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to seeing you all soon!