The Ada County Coroner’s Office offers a proven and highly successful Coroner Student Internship program. The program provides an outstanding opportunity for college students to gain practical, hands-on experience in the field of Forensics and Medicolegal Death Investigations.
Our intern program selects 3 to 4 interns each semester from a wealth of applicants who attend one of several Treasure Valley schools. Interns will have the opportunity to work directly with one of the following: Forensic Division, Investigations Division, or the Administration Division of the Ada County Coroner’s Office. Duties include participating in Forensic autopsies/external examination, Forensic photography, Forensic radiography, Morgue lab processing, Medicolegal death scene investigations, Agency management, Anthropology and more.
- Exceptional Upper Division and Graduate students with both experience and interest in a related field of study (e.g. Criminal Justice, Anthropology, Biology, Nursing) are encouraged to apply.
- Applications currently accepted for Spring, Summer, and Fall Internships.
- Spring semester (up to 6 credits) approx. 20hrs/week; M-F 8AM-12PM
- Summer semester (up to 4 credits); approx. 20hrs/week; M-F 8AM-12PM
- Fall semester (up to 6 credits); approx. 20hrs/week; M-F 8AM-12PM
- Schedules are open to flexibility based on students work and school requirements for the Investigations and/or Administration Division internships.
Best if you can get your application in right away – end of the week at the latest!