Skip to main content

Health Studies FAQs

What minors or certificates can I get?

Students can potentially complete minors or certificates in the following areas:

  • Principles of Grant Development
  • Proposal Writing Certificate
  • Gerontology Minor
  • Health Data Management Minor
  • Health Data Management Certificate

Students interested in the HIIM Emphasis should consider the certificate or minor in Health Data Management (can be paired with any degree).

Can I do an internship?

Yes. The Department of Public Health and Population Science partners with hospitals, health agencies, nonprofits, health & fitness centers, and other community organizations to provide students with internship opportunities. 

What graduate programs can I pursue with this degree?

There are a multitude of graduate programs that fit well with a Health Studies degree. This includes the following: Health Science, Health Care Administration, Business Administration, and or Health Informatics.

Can I do a semester abroad?

Yes. Our advisors work closely with the Study Abroad program to find courses that will work for your major. We recommend starting the process at least a year in advance.

Can I take all of my classes online?

Unfortunately, not all classes are available online. There are more online options available for the general emphasis Health Study degree. You will want to work closely with your advisor if you are wanting to do the majority of your classes online.