Skip to main content

Requests for Additional Funding on Current Projects

How Can I Request More Funding for My Current Project?

by NIH Staff

If you’re currently a grantee, there are two paths for seeking additional funding for an active project, depending on the project needs.

If you need to address unforeseen cost increases within the scope of your approved project aims, then you would want to consult with the NIH program and grants management officials assigned to your award (they are listed with their contact information in the eRA Commons) and determine any NIH institute or center-specific submission deadlines or eligibility criteria. Learn more about administrative supplements.

If you need to request increased support within your current budget period for expanding your project beyond its approved scope or research protocol, then you can submit an application for a competing revision. Know that you cannot submit a revision application before you receive your grant award and you cannot request restoration of a budget that was administratively reduced by the funding agency. Learn more about competing revisions.


NIH Staff | September 30, 2016 at 5:00 pm | Categories: You Ask, We Answer | URL: