Three department chairs will step down and return to their faculty positions within the college:
- Lonny Ashworth has served 18 years as department chair of Respiratory Care;
- Darlene Travis has served 15 years as department chair of Radiologic Sciences; and
- Sarah Toevs has served eight years as department chair of Community and Environmental Health.
While the college will miss their knowledge and expertise, this will provide opportunities for other faculty to fill these important roles.
The faculty in these departments and the dean have identified internal replacements for the three positions that include:
- Jody Lester, Respiratory Care,
- Leslie Kendrick, Radiologic Sciences, and
- Dale Stephenson, Community and Environmental Health.
The changes will take place in the summer of 2012.