Need Professional Experience?
Career Services wants to acknowledge that your Boise State experience has changed significantly this semester and in the midst of this change, we want to stress the importance of having “on-the-job” experience” upon graduation. With that in mind, we are excited to open our application process for Work U during the Spring of 2021. We have over 100 Work U opportunities with some fantastic employers throughout the Treasure Valley. You can check out our Spring 2021 Work U opportunities here!
“Create Your Own” Work U Spring 2021 opportunity
In addition to applying to 130+ Work U opportunities, we are accepting applications for students that wish to create their own Work U opportunity! This is a brand new option! If you are a student that can identify a professional mentor, work closely with an organization for 10 hours a week for 130 hours total during the spring semester, and can describe the type of meaningful work you will be offering, then this opportunity is for you! In addition, your Work U opportunity can be fully online; this ability to go remote is especially important for students outside the Treasure Valley!
Work U is a career development experience with a twist, giving you hands-on professional work experience, clarification of your career goals, an opportunity to be mentored, focused classroom time, and a chance to build your resume and network – while gaining three upper-division credits
- Sustainability Planning and Communication at Boise State University
- Marketing and communications roles at the Idaho Rural Partnership, Open Roads Marketing, Womens’ and Childrens’ Alliance, and others
- Human Resources at Ada County, Blue Cross, Boise State, Idaho Housing & Finance Association, Idaho Power, Idaho Public TV, Simplot, St. Luke’s, and Suez
- New opportunities to learn about careers in residential real estate at Homes by Kate McGwire and Scott Swan Real Estate at Keller Williams
- See these and all the other 130 + Work U opportunities here!
- 10 hours a week at Work U employer
- 75 minute weekly class with a Career Advisor
- 3 upper-division credits towards your degree
If you have any questions please reach out to email@example.com
Applications are due November 22, 2020.