The Associated Students of Boise State University, or ASBSU, is beginning elections for the Academic Senate for next year. ASBSU is Boise State University’s official student government, with the purpose of facilitating educational, intellectual, social, and cultural engagement at our university. It also advocates for student interests and needs, with different branches and positions that accomplish this.
The Academic Senate consists of two senators from each college at the university, who represent and advocate for fellow students within their college. Along with attending weekly ASBSU meetings where all the branches meet to do this, senators also have monthly meetings with the college dean or associate dean. They can also write and vote on pieces of legislation that come through ASBSU, and collaborate with student organizations and university administration to accomplish this.
If you are interested in serving the students of this college as a senator next year, please review the requirements and timeline below and apply using this link by March 26!
Requirements of this position include:
- Enrolled student within the College of Health Sciences
- Must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5
- Available to meet for the weekly ASBSU meeting on Wednesday from 4:30-6:00 p.m.
- Participate within at least one sub-committee within ASBSU (most committees meet every other Wednesday 4:30-6:00 p.m.
- Meet at least once a month with college dean or associate dean
- Comfortable with your name and student email being displayed on the ASBSU contact page if elected
ASBSU COHS Academic Senate Elections Timeline:
- Applications will be open March 15-March 26.
- During the week of March 29, qualified candidates will be announced and a voting link will be emailed to students.
- The voting link will close on April 7. Winners will have until the end of the day April 11 to accept the position.
- During the week of April 12, the college will announce its 2021-2022 ASBSU senators on its Instagram channel and website.
For additional information about ASBSU or Academic Senate, please visit https://www.boisestate.edu/asbsu/.
Thank you for your interest in representing students, please reach out to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.