When is move-in day?
Move-in is going to be August 17 this year.
What do I need to do before move-in day?
- Make your first housing payment. Housing and meal plan charges will applied on July 7. The first payment is due by July 25. Billing is done per semester. Students are able to pay for the semester in full or enroll in a payment plan.
- Sign up for Orientation if you haven’t already.
- Check to make sure that you are registered for at least 12 credits for the fall semester (this is the minimum to be eligible for on-campus housing).
- If you were under the age of 18 when you signed your License Agreement, be sure that your parent or guardian has completed the parental verification process. If you need help with this, email us at email@example.com or call us at (208) 447-1001.
Can I request my bed to be adjusted prior to move-in?
Depending on your residence hall, this may be possible. We are able to make adjustments to the beds in most of our residence halls except for:
- Barnes Towers
- Driscoll Hall
- Honors College & Sawtooth Hall
- Lincoln Townhomes
- Morrison Hall
Due to the physical setup of Barnes Towers, Driscoll Hall, Honors College & Sawtooth Hall, Lincoln Townhomes, and Morrison Hall, extended mattresses are not available. If you are over 6’4″ and are assigned to one of these communities, please reach out to our office at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will look for options that are more accommodating.
What should I bring with me? What should I leave at home?
While packing, use our What to Bring and What to Leave Home list. Remember that your residence hall is furnished so leave items such as beds, mattresses, desks, desk chairs, and dressers at home. Residence hall spaces are also modest-sized so it’s better to under-pack than over-pack. You can also look through our Amenities to help you decide what to bring with you.
You can also access the standard room measurements for your residence hall on our website. Note that room dimensions can vary.
Some items are restricted so be sure to review the packing list.
Where do I go when I arrive on campus?
This will depend on your assigned community. We will publish instructional maps and information as we approach August 17.
Will I be able to ship some of my belongings to my residence hall prior to move-in?
Yes. Normally, you can pick up packages from your service desk but during move-ins, we get so many packages that we set up temporary package rooms. Your RA or service desk staff can direct you to yours.
Note that our service desks will not be open until the week before move-in, August 7. Packages delivered to the service desk before this time will be returned to the sender since our desks will not be staffed at that time.
* As we approach move-in day, this FAQ will updated with additional information*