Prior to Occupancy
If you would like to cancel your housing application or assignment prior to taking occupancy, the following terms apply
Applying for the Full Academic Year (Fall 2023 – Spring 2024)
|Cancellation Date||Down Payment||Contract Buyout Fee|
|By May 1||Fully Refunded||Not Applicable|
|May 1 - July 14||Forfeited||Not Applicable|
|After Fall Move-In Day||Forfeited||Not enrolled at Boise State: $500
Enrolled in 1+ credits at Boise State: $500 or up to ½ of the remaining rate of the room for academic year (whichever is greater)
|After February 1||Forfeited||Not enrolled at Boise State: $500
Enrolled in 1+ credits at Boise State: remaining rate of the room for academic year or $500 (whichever is greater)
Your application can be canceled by logging into your Housing Portal:
- Step 1: Select your completed Residence Hall Application
- Step 2: Scroll down to the bottom of the Application Summary page
- Step 3: Select the link under Need to Cancel Your Application?
- Step 4: You’ll be taken to a page containing a copy of your signed License Agreement
- Step 5: Below the agreement is the option to cancel. Fill out why you are canceling your application and sign using your Student ID Number
- Step 6: Once you let us know why you are cancelling and sign with your Student ID Number, you’ll be taken to the page below confirming your cancellation
Please allow 30 days for any refunds to be processed through the university’s systems. The $50 application fee is non-refundable.
If you have questions or concerns, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at (208) 447-1001. Note, we cannot cancel applications on students behalf.
Leaving After Occupancy
The lease agreement you signed when you applied for housing is a legally binding document for the academic year. If you are seeking to terminate your license agreement and any of the Five (5) reasons listed below apply to you, you will be released from your academic year license agreement.
- Withdrawal from Boise State or Housing for medical reasons
- Enrollment and participation in an approved university study abroad program
- Acceptance of an Internship opportunity that requires you to leave on-campus housing
- Drafted or commissioned by the U.S. Armed Forces for active duty
We recognize on occasion students experience extenuating and unforeseen circumstances. If you are withdrawing from Boise State, or experience significant medical hardship your request to have your license agreement terminated may be granted, but cancellation fees still apply.
To start a release request log into your My Housing Portal and select Request to Terminate License Agreement.