Skip to main content

Resident Support Services

Bronco Card Student ID

Bronco Card Student ID

Your student ID is a big part of life at Boise State. Carry it with you at all times. It is your “key” to the campus, providing you with the following access:

  • Door access to your residence hall
  • Laundry facilities
  • Admission into the Campus Recreation Center
  • Meal plan validation
  • Checking out books at Albertsons Library
  • Discounts at the Games Center
  • Bronco football and basketball games
  • Movie tickets

If you don’t have your Bronco Card or have lost it, contact the Bronco Card Office on the first floor of the Student Union next to the Information Desk. A replacement fee of $25 is charged for lost ID cards.



If you plan to bring a car to campus, you’ll need to purchase a parking permit.

  • Permits for the upcoming fall semester go on sale online starting July 1, 2021 through the Parking and Transportation website
  • Parking permits are sold on a first-come, first-serve basis
  • You can pick up your permit from the Transportation and Parking office in the Student Union during the regular office hours 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Friday
  • When you are checking in during Move-In Day, you can pick up your permit there.

Bringing a bike to campus? Learn more about bicycles on campus.

Meal Plans

Meal Plans

Meal plans are required for traditional-age First-Year Students, even though some units have kitchen facilities. These plans are included in your room and board rates and provide plenty of options, including Flex Dollars. Visit the Boise State Dining Services website for more information about meal plans. You can make changes to your meal plan up until the 10th day of each semester through your MyHousing portal.

A meal plan gets you more than just food:

    • Quality, variety, convenience
    • Affordability
    • Great values
    • Healthy choices
    • No need to carry cash

For questions regarding Bronco Bucks, Meal Plans, Flex Dollars or Dining Services call the Information Desk at (208) 426-4636 (INFO) or email

Commuter meal plans are available for anyone who wants to dine on campus, whether a resident or not. Commuter meal plans can be purchased at the Information Desk.

Meal Plan Accommodations

If you are a First-Year Student and feel you need accommodations for the meal plan requirement, here is the process:

  1. Complete the form on the Dining Services website.
  2. You will be contacted to meet with the campus dietitian and a dining services representative to discuss possible meal plan accommodations.
  3. A final decision will be made by university staff and communicated to you by a dining services representative.

CARE Reporting

CARE Reporting

Living, learning, and working at a university can be stressful and sometimes the reason behind someone who is disruptive, threatening, or irrational.

CARE stands for Campus Assessment Resource and Education and provides assistance to the university community to help assess and find solutions for managing distressing, disturbing, disruptive, and potentially dangerous behaviors.

Learn more about CARE