How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Player Development Coordinator Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75882
- Pay Grade: P8
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior
- Family: Athletics
- Function: Athletic Services
The purpose is to continually be developing the student-athletes in the program so they leave Boise State with the best life skills and education foundation possible. This position shall have a strong working knowledge and understanding of all NCAA rules and regulations regarding compliance issues, as well as prior experience in recruiting and football operations.
Recognized subject matter expert who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field with limited oversight from managers. Independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; requires deep job knowledge of areas typically obtained through higher education combined with experience. Manages large projects or processes and problems faced are difficult and often complex; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions. May manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources; functions with a high degree of autonomy. Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree and 5 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of NCAA Rules – This position shall have a strong working knowledge and understanding of all NCAA rules and regulations regarding compliance issues.
- Football experience – This position must have football coaching experience and/or playing experience and/or administrative experience.
- High level of confidentiality
- Communication Skills – This position is expected to have a high level of communication skills and the ability to work well with many people.
- Computer skills – This position is expected to have computer literacy
60% of Time the Player Development Coordinator must:
- Assist football coaching staff with implementation of academic plans for football student-athletes. Monitor and report results to football staff and sport administrator for football student-athlete follow-through on aspects of the academic plan including class checks, study hall and academic performance meetings.
- Responsible for communicating and documenting player specific concerns with the coaching staff and athletic department.
- Implement an expanded and systematic community service program in conjunction with BroncoLife, geared to engage our players in service to campus and surrounding communities and exceed the required community service goals within the Athletic Department.
- Football liaison to work collaboratively with Sports Medicine Staff, Athletic Compliance Staff, Equipment Staff, Student Services and Academic Advising Staff to follow-up with all football prospects and all incoming football student-athletes to gather all required paperwork /materials/forms in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist in admissions, housing and enrollment processes for incoming student-athletes.
- Assist in organizing on-campus and game day recruiting weekends, while being an ambassador for athlete development within the recruiting process.
- Meet regularly with the compliance director and academic staff, and relay any rules and compliance issues.
- Oversee the commitment time program for football student-athletes.
35% of Time the Player Development Coordinator
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Player Development Coordinator
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and requiring wearing hearing protection.
Ability to travel
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbents must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.