How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Sports Video Services Manager Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75743
- Pay Grade: P9
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Manager
- Family: Communications & Marketing
- Function: Broadcasting and Digital Content Creation
This position will be responsible for the overall direction of the creative services area to oversee and manage live and post video production functions for the department. The employee will play a significant role in external initiatives, being an executive producer for conference network events, while supervising and managing digital and creative content for the department.
Experienced professional who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field; independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; possesses broad job knowledge; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions. Ability to lead staff within the Creative Services department, but make an impact and help assist in policy and implementation of all externally focused initiatives.
Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extensive Knowledge and experience in all aspects of video production, including Live and Post Production.
- Knowledge of university purchasing requirements.
- Ability to lead large groups of people on large-scale projects
- Ability to produce and coordinate production of recruiting pieces for sports as needed.
- Experience with digital/video technology for content creation
- Ability to work with departments across campus, including the President’s office.
- People skills to organize a staff and develop a work schedule for them.
- Knowledge of equipment and manpower needed for set up and take down at events.
- Extensive knowledge on set design and maintenance of all broadcast and cinematic equipment
- Videographer experience.
- Experience managing budgets.
60% of Time the Sports Video Services Manager must:
- Overseeing all Live Production/Streaming as Executive Producer, including scheduling and training announcers/crew members for conference broadcasts
- Act as Director/Producer for the school’s athletic magazine-style shows, sponsored through Learfield Sports Properties.
- Ability to act as a Liaison on digital content creation between the athletic department and the President’s office.
- Primary contact for national broadcast partners for footage acquisition to promote the department and university.
- Organize, supervise, and staff home game video for men’s basketball, women’s basketball, volleyball, gymnastics, soccer, softball and various special events.
- Oversee Olympic video staff to complete all designated duties for the department, including full-time staff/student workers/Graduate Assistants
- Responsible for the purchasing and maintenance of audio/photo/video equipment to help elevate the brand and reputation of Boise State Athletics
- Work directly with third party provider of streaming/live production equipment to ensure proper equipment needs are addressed
- Manage overall budget to remain at the cutting edge of digital content creation
35% of Time the Sports Video Production Manager
This position shall have a knowledge and understanding of all NCAA and conference rules and regulations regarding compliance issues and film trade.
5% of Time the Sports Video Production Manager
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and requiring wearing hearing protection.
Position is required to travel with the sports teams to away competitions as necessary.
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbents must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.