Skip to main content

Next Steps

As you settle into your new role, you will also need the following:

Bronco Card

Boise State photo ID cards are issued to all employees for uses such as:

  • Campus Recreation
  • Albertsons Library
  • Key facility access

Photos for the ID cards are taken in the Student Union Building next to the Information Desk.

Bronco Card Website (Info Desk)
Phone: (208) 426-4171


If you will be driving to work, you must secure a parking permit to park anywhere on the Boise State University campus. Parking offers a thirty (30) day visitor parking pass in the “General Parking” areas at no charge for new hires to allow time to determine which parking option is most suitable. Parking permits are issued by Parking and Transportation Services (1607 University Drive, corner of Lincoln and University, 1st floor of Lincoln Parking Garage). You can also purchase a permit online, subscribe to parking updates, and view the parking map at: Boise State Public Safety and Transportation. Boise State University employees can also elect to set the cost of the permit up on a payroll deduction.

Parking and Transportation
Phone: 208-426-PARK (7275)

Alternative Transportation Options

Boise State University Transportation and Parking Services is devoted to promoting alternative means of transportation. From bicycling to ride-sharing, alternative means of transportation reduce the stress on the environment, help alleviate the campus parking shortage, and save everyone a great deal of money! You will find many resources to help you plan your commute to campus including:

  • The University Shuttle
  • Bicycling
  • Zipcar!
  • ValleyRide Bus
  • Carpool or Van

Alternative Transportation Info
Phone: (208) 426-PARK (7275)

myBoiseState and Google Mail

Your supervisor or department will coordinate the set-up of your myBoiseState access, Google Mail, and any department specific access or certifications. Time reporting and payroll information are all accessed through myBoiseState.

Benefits Orientation

If you are a benefit eligible employee, you will be provided a Benefits Orientation through PageUp. If you do not have a PageUp login reach out to your benefits specialists if you need assistance with your new benefits paperwork.

Contact your benefit’s team:

Health Care Reform – Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act Information
As part of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), the State of Idaho is required to send notices to all employees informing them of the existence of a Health Care Exchange (Marketplace). This notice is designed to provide you with information on how to access the Marketplace within your area. It also provides basic information about eligibility and the availability of tax credits or subsidies for people meeting specific criteria. An employee letter and the required Health Care Exchange Notice is found on the Office of Group Insurance website.

Employees of the university who are benefit-eligible and enroll in the health coverage offered through the State of Idaho may wish to review the information about the Health Care Exchange, but are not required to take any other action. Additional information and FAQs are available on the HRS webpage found here. Please feel free to contact the benefits department with any questions at (208) 426-1616.

BroncoAlert – Be Informed of an Emergency on Campus!

BroncoAlert is Boise State University’s emergency notification system to broadcast messages throughout the University when an emergency incident has occurred on or in the vicinity of the Boise State University campus.

University Emergency Management will only send messages through BroncoAlert for urgent situations that could impact safety of lives and protection of property. BroncoAlert is not used for marketing or any other types of messaging.