Upon his retirement, Professor Jon P. Dayley donated his linguistics and anthropology book collection to the Boise State Linguistics Lab. Our collection has since grown, and includes many rare and out-of-print volumes, and we are grateful to Professor Dayley for his generous donation.
Check out our online catalog at LibraryThing
Library hours and location:
Simplot Micron Academic Success Hub (SMASH) 218
Due to social distancing requirements, library check-out may be by appointment only.
The Linguistics Lab has basic equipment for speech recording and analysis. Equipment may be checked out or reserved for instructional or research-related purposes by filling out the online form accessible through the button on the right.
COMPUTERS & SOFTWARE
The lab is equipped with both Mac and Windows desktop computers, as well as a MacBook Pro.
- File Maker Pro
- Final Cut Pro (on Macs)
- MacQuirerX and PCQuirerX
- Microsoft Office
AUDIO AND VIDEO RECORDING
- Shure unidirectional cardioid microphones (SM58)
- Shure head-mounted microphones (SM10A)
- Logitech USB desktop microphones
- Headmounted headphones/microphones for PC (3.5mm jacks)
- Sony stereo headphones (MDR-XD200)
- Sony sound monitor headphones (MDR-7506)
- Head-mounted headphones/microphones for PC (3.5mm jacks)
- Bose Companion 5 multimedia speaker system
Portable Audio Recorders:
- TASCAM DR-01 Portable Solid State Digital Recorder
- Zoom H4n and H4nPRO
Other equipment and cables:
- M-AUDIO usb audio/MIDI interface preamps
- Various XLR to 1/4” cables and adapters
DVDs for linguistics-related videos and movies are available to be viewed in the lab, on one of the lab computers.
ANATOMICAL CHARTS AND MODELS
- Auditory Ossicles
- Vocal Tract
Anatomical charts and posters:
- Vocal Tract