Apply to the Graduate Program
To apply to MS in Mathematics program, please complete the steps listed on this page. Priority will be given to applications received by Jan 15 for Fall admission, but all applications will be considered.
If you have any questions, please contact the Math graduate program!
A prospective student may apply at any time and should follow the general graduate application procedure for degree-seeking students (see Graduate Admissions Policies). Admission to the program is based on:
- Apply to the Graduate College and satisfy the minimum admission requirements of the Graduate College. International applicants must satisfy the international admissions requirements.
- Applicants are required to have earned at least a baccalaureate degree in mathematics or a closely related field involving substantial coursework in mathematics from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university or a degree from a non-U.S. institution of higher education that is judged equivalent to a U.S. baccalaureate degree by the International Admissions office.
- An undergraduate cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 (based on a 4-point scale) computed for all undergraduate credits from the applicant’s most recent baccalaureate degree.
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended.
- A personal statement outlining career objectives, field of interest, and if the applicant would like a teaching assistantship and/or research fellowship. If you do not indicate your interest in the assistantship/fellowship, you will not be considered for those positions.
- A current résumé.
- Official Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) General Test scores.
- TOEFL scores (if native language is not English). Applicants may be interviewed if applying for a graduate teaching assistantship.
- Three letters of recommendation.