Boise State Jazz
Jazz Studies at Boise State University includes the Boise State Jazz Orchestra, Jazz Combos, private lessons in improvisation and rhythm section instruments, and courses in Jazz Improvisation and Jazz History. The Concert Jazz Band, one of Boise State’s most visible musical groups on campus, performs numerous concerts both on and off campus and throughout the Northwest. Jazz Studies also includes the Gene Harris Jazz Festival, a major two-day event that brings together internationally acclaimed guest artists with students and community members across the Treasure Valley. See important links and resources at out LinkTree.
Jazz Scholarship Auditions
- Incomming students who have a jazz background may audition for merit-based jazz scholarship that is in addition to any regular music scholarship awards.
- Interested students must submit examples of their jazz skills to Dr. Ganong, director of jazz. firstname.lastname@example.org for review. Materials are required for consideration.
- Special scholarships are available to students with strong bass/drums/piano/guitar backgrounds!
- Jazz Scholarship Information
Jazz Orchestra Auditions
- Students will audition in the fall semester of each year for placement into the Boise State Jazz Orchestra.
- This audition is in addition to any other ensemble placement auditions and any entrance jazz auditions.
- Auditions will take place during the first week of classes. Please click below to get information about the auditions for Fall 2022.
- 2022/2023 Syllabus
- Audition information form (sign up to get emails about auditions for next year!)