Boise State Jazz
Jazz Studies at Boise State University includes the Boise State Jazz Orchestra, Jazz Combos, private lessons in improvisation and rhythm section instruments, and courses in Jazz Improvisation and Jazz History. The Concert Jazz Band, one of Boise State’s most visible musical groups on campus, performs numerous concerts both on and off campus and throughout the Northwest. Jazz Studies also includes the Gene Harris Jazz Festival, a major two-day event that brings together internationally acclaimed guest artists with students and community members across the Treasure Valley.
Jazz Scholarship Auditions
- Incomming students who have a jazz background may audition for merit-based jazz scholarship that is in addition to any regular music scholarship awards.
- Interested students must submit examples of their jazz skills to Dr. Ganong, director of jazz. firstname.lastname@example.org for review. Materials are required for consideration.
- Special scholarships are availible to students with strong bass/drums/piano/guitar backgrounds!
- Please contact Dr. Ganong with any questions. email@example.com
Jazz Orchestra Auditions
- Students will audition in the fall semester of each year for placement into the Boise State Jazz Orchestra.
- This audition is in addition to any other ensemble placement auditions and any entrance jazz auditions.
- Please fill out the form below and you will recieve information about audition repertoire 2-3 weeks before the start of the semester.