The Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management hosted Boise State University’s annual Campus Awards Ceremony on April 24. This blue carpet event recognizes students, faculty, staff and student organizations for outstanding achievement, service and campus engagement.
The following people and organizations were recognized:
- Commitment to Community Award winner: Jillian Kelley
This award is for Broncos who have inspired action in one another to serve and bring about positive change together.
- David S. Taylor Service to Students Award winner: Michal Temkin Martinez, associate professor of English
This award recognizes an outstanding faculty or staff member who is committed to impacting the lives of students, extending student learning beyond the classroom, inspiring students to see what is possible and seeking innovative ways to serve students in the 21st century, a whole new chapter of accelerated change.
- Outstanding Student Employee of the Year Award winner: Chris Dagher, student employee in the Albertson’s Library MakerLab
This award is for Broncos who approach their employment as paths to make themselves and our institution better. Student nominees exemplify strong leadership skills, professionalism and a willingness to grow and learn.
- Emerging Leader Award winner: Jesús Rivera Orozco
This award is for students who are charting intentional paths where they learn what it means to lead. They show a commitment to personal leadership development and are dedicated to student involvement and learning outside the classroom.
- Inclusive Excellence Awards Award winners: Esperansa Gomez and Kameelah Diaz These awards are for a student, staff, or faculty member who is action-oriented, equity-minded and committed to creating a campus environment that reflects inclusive excellence at Boise State.
- Student Organization Advisor of the Year Award winner: Kathy Hurley, advisor for Beta Alpha Psi
This award is for an advisor dedicated to changing the lives of students involved in student organizations. Outstanding advisors serve as mentors, resources, teachers and advocates on behalf of their students.
- Program of the Year Award winner: Rooftop Bee Farm, managed by the Bee Team at Boise State
This award is for students who have created an activity, event or program that made a significant impact on the campus community.
- Spirit of Boise State Awards Award winners: Archie Keeton III, Lindsay Kemp, Mark Horton, Mitzi Ceballos, Nardos Ashenafi and Samantha Headley
This award is presented to outstanding students who exemplify Boise State’s shared values of academic excellence, caring, citizenship, fairness, respect, responsibility and trustworthiness.
See a Facebook photo album of all event winners.