Health Services is adapting to meet the needs to the campus community – that includes offering both telehealth and in-person appointment options. Some important things to keep in mind:
- Health Services is still open for in-person crisis counseling appointments and medical appointments. Crisis counseling does not require an appointment and is available during all business hours.
- Urgent Care also doesn’t require an appointment and is available during all business hours.
- Please call (208) 426-1459, or speak with your provider to see if medical, counseling, psychiatry or dietitian appointment is appropriate for telehealth services via Zoom’s HIPAA-compliant platform. Certain routine types of medical appointments may be deferred to a later date. Please call and discuss with a nurse.
- Urgent care appointments will take place on the first floor of the Norco Building and all patients will go through a brief screening process in the first floor lobby.
- Health Services does not have COVID-19 tests, but will give a list of all the testing sites in the community.
- Individuals experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19 should call Health Services at (208) 426-1459 to talk to a nurse before coming to the clinic.