The university’s 15-member Strategic Planning Steering Committee convened on July 10 for its kick-off meeting. The committee is charged with the creation and management of a collaborative process to engage the campus in the development of a university strategic plan. A draft plan, with identified goals and strategies, will be delivered to the president and the executive team on Jan. 15, 2021.
In a May 1 campus-wide email with the subject From the President — Strategic Planning, Dr. Tromp outlined a framework for the committee and campus as they embark together on the next chapter of Boise State’s “trajectory of distinction.” The committee will engage with the wider campus community throughout the process as the university strategic plan is developed, utilizing subcommittees and specialized workgroups as needed to brainstorm ideas, review campus feedback, identify challenges and barriers, and develop strategies.
The committee will utilize Dr. Marlene Tromp’s “goalposts” (listed in the campus-wide email) as a starting point for the creation of a strategic plan. Watch for updates at Boise State Strategic Plan.
Boise State’s Strategic Planning Steering Committee Members are:
- Alicia Garza – professor, Department of World Languages, and Presidential Fellow
- Marcellus Brown – associate professor, Department of Music
- David Estrada – associate professor, Department of Materials Science and Engineering
- Amy Vecchione – Faculty Senate president, associate professor, Albertsons Library
- Angel Cantu – student representative / ASBSU president
- Zeynep Hansen – vice provost for academic planning (co-chair)
- Andrew Finstuen – dean, Honors College and Presidential Fellow (co-chair)
- Leslie Webb – vice president, Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
- Mark Wheeler – dean, Extended Studies
- Tammi Vacha-Haase – dean, Graduate College
- Tim Dunnagan – dean, College of Health Sciences
- Kevin Ferris – professor and chair, Department of Biological Sciences
- Greg Martinez – director, Center for Multicultural Educational Opportunities
- Shawn Miller – associate vice president, Human Resources
- Argia Beristain – interim associate vice president, University Advancement
- Ex Officio: Holly Mikesell, strategic planning coordination