The Institute for Inclusive and Transformative Scholarship is pleased to announce the seventh cohort of the ASSERT Faculty Development program.
ASSERT (Aligning Stakeholders and Structures to Enable Research Transformation) serves to germinate, cultivate, and celebrate transformative research ideas and questions. This project is led by professors Donna Llewellyn, Marie-Anne de Graaff, Kevin Feris and assistant director Megan Gambs.
Their work operates by improving academic structures, addressing the cultural issues at the university that inhibit academic risk taking, and supporting the personal development of faculty to facilitate their readiness to conceive transformative research ideas.
Each year, a cohort of faculty, from various ranks and academic units, become an ASSERTive community as they work and grow together, identifying values, building leadership skills, and working towards transformational research. Initiated as a National Science Foundation-funded project, ASSERT is now supported by the Division of Research and Economic Development, the Office of the Provost, and the College of Arts and Sciences.
Meet the 2023 ASSERT faculty cohort
College of Arts and Sciences
- Angela Crawford, Research Scholar of Mathematics
- Stephanie Galla, Assistant Professor of Biological Sciences
- Jason Herbeck, Professor and Chair of World Languages
- Candyce Reynolds, Professor of Psychological Science
- Allison Simler-Williamson, Assistant Professor of Biological Sciences
- Amy Ulappa, Associate Clinical Professor of Biological Sciences
- Allison Wolfe, Assistant Professor of Anthropology
College of Education
- Qizhen Deng, Assistant Professor of Literacy, Language, & Culture
- Raissa Miller, Associate Professor of Counselor Education
College of Engineering
- Courtney Hollar, Assistant Clinical Professor of Mechanical and Biomedical Engineering
- Sondra Miller, Associate Professor of Civil Engineering
College of Health Sciences
- Vinita Sharma, Assistant Professor of Public Health
School of Public Service
- Jared Talley, Assistant Clinical Professor of Environmental Studies
Join in celebrating the newest cohort of ASSERT fellows. Interested in participating in the next ASSERT cohort? Cohort eight applications will open in Oct. 2023.