The Idaho Entrepreneur Challenge is a competition hosted by Boise State University’s Venture College, a program in the College of Innovation and Design. The IEC develops and rewards student entrepreneurs with promising ventures and small businesses. Applications are open through March 10.
College and university students from across Idaho have the opportunity to compete for $50,000 in cash prizes, as well as legal consultation and accounting services to advance their startups. Cash prizes are divided into four tracks that will be determined once applications are reviewed.
Winners of the Spring 2023 Idaho Entrepreneur Challenge will receive a “Golden Ticket” to pitch in the Fall 2023 Boise Entrepreneur Week Pitch Competition. Boise Entrepreneur Week is the largest entrepreneurial event in Idaho that brings together thousands of entrepreneurs for pitch competitions, keynote speakers, workshops, talks and more.
- March 10: Application closes at midnight
- March 17: Teams notified if they will be advancing to the prelims
- March 31: Preliminary competition, virtual via Zoom
- March 31: Top 12 teams announced, will compete in the finals in Boise, Idaho
- April 7: Idaho Entrepreneur Challenge, in-person at Boise State University