The College of Health Sciences is proud to welcome five new clinical faculty, three tenure-track faculty and one lecturer for three academic units. The Department of Radiologic Sciences will gain a new clinical assistant professor, the School of Nursing will gain three tenure-track faculty and four clinical faculty, and the Department of Community and Environmental Health will gain a lecturer.
- Mike Berlin, new lecturer for the Department of Community and Environmental Health, has been an adjunct faculty for the department. He is also the Public Policy Liaison with Boise State’s Center for the Study of Aging and is a Clinical Geriatric Social Worker. Berlin holds a Master’s degree in Gerontology and has over 25 years of leadership and administrative experience in health care. Berlin joined the center as a community advocate/volunteer in 2009 and currently serves the “Chair” of the Idaho Alzheimer’s Planning Group.
- Cara Gallegos, new tenure-track faculty for the School of Nursing, joins the School of Nursing from St. Luke’s Children’s Hospital. Dr. Gallegos brings expertise in evidence based practice and will begin her research in the area of children’s health.
- Betzi Quiros, clinical faculty for the School of Nursing, joins the School of Nursing from Idaho State University. Quiros brings expertise in medical-surgical nursing and community health. She is eager to continue her beginning work in some innovative teaching strategies she has developed.
- Paula Molina Shaver, clinical faculty for the School of Nursing,joins the School of Nursing from Idaho State University. Shaver brings expertise in pediatrics and is excited to explore new opportunities in the School.
- Mark Siemon, new tenure-track faculty for the School of Nursing, is completing his dissertation and joins us from the University of New Mexico where he is currently a full-time faculty. Siemon will complete his dissertation by December and be ready to continue to expand his research in the area of public health.
- Shirley Van Zandt, clinical faculty for the School of Nursing, joins Boise State from Johns Hopkins University where she was full-time faculty and an adult nurse practitioner in clinical practice. Van Zandt will relocate to Boise and will assist in the development and delivery of the Adult Gerontology Nurse Practitioner program.
- Erica Koch Wight, clinical faculty for the Department of Radiologic Sciences, comes to Boise State from the University of Alaska Anchorage where she has been the Medical Imaging Program Director for many years. The Department of Radiologic Sciences is very excited to have her expertise and teaching experience as a wonderful addition to the faculty.
- Kathy Wiley, clinical faculty for the School of Nursing, joins the ranks of clinical faculty in the School of Nursing. Wiley comes from practice where she was a manager of a long-term acute care hospital and was with the School of Nursing for the last year in a temporary position.
- Janet Wilhaus, new tenure-track faculty for the School of Nursing, joins Boise State from Washington State University. Dr. Wilhaus recently completed her dissertation on simulation techniques in education. She is excited to join the School of Nursing because of the focus on education and research using simulation.