Applications welcomed for expert clinical nurses to work as adjunct nursing faculty
Boise State University, College of Health Sciences, School of Nursing Undergraduate Pre-licensure Track
The Undergraduate Pre-Licensure program seeks candidates who are willing to work part time weekdays and are able to teach clinical sections of nursing skills or health assessment at the School’s on-campus skills lab and/or at community partners’ clinical settings. This is a prelicensure Bachelor’s Degree program.
The Adjunct Faculty member in the Department of Nursing is responsible for teaching students in a designated area of specialization. They attend orientation and team faculty meetings and have responsibility for determining grades for course requirements based on course objectives and criteria as defined in the course syllabus. They work directly with faculty responsible for the course.
- Demonstrates effective teaching
- Pursues scholarly activities. Can be demonstrated through current enrollment in Master of Nursing Education program.
- Participates in Program and School activities.
- Applies appropriate policies and regulations within the University, College, and School.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with others within the University, College, and School.
- Participates in activities promoting personal and professional educational growth.
- Maintains clinical expertise for teaching nursing.
- Serves as a professional role model for students.
- Apply appropriate teaching methods supported by evidence.
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science in Nursing required; Master’s Degree in Nursing preferred or higher.
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in Idaho by starting date of employment.
- Demonstrates competence in specific clinical practice area, preferably with experience in medical/surgical.
- Teaching experience preferred.
Adjunct faculty are not required to participate as a team member in shared governance, are not responsible for advising students and are not voting members of the School.
Wage is based upon educational degree and number of credits taught.
Please complete the Adjunct Application Form to submit your application material for consideration as an Adjunct Instructor with the School of Nursing at Boise State.