Professional Attire for Clinical Teaching Faculty (Policy FP-09)
Download a Printable Version of Policy FP-09
Last Revision Date
School of Nursing faculty.
Scope and Audience
All School of Nursing faculty including adjunct instructors.
1. Policy Purpose
To provide requirements and guidelines for all nursing faculty in [graduate and undergraduate] clinical teaching settings (including simulation and practice labs) so that they will represent themselves, their roles and the School in a consistently professional manner.
2. Policy Statement
All nursing faculty in clinical patient care settings or simulation/skills lab are to represent themselves, their roles and the School in a consistently professional manner. The following faculty dress requirements are in place:
- Business casual dress, or scrub uniform which is clean, pressed and in good repair.
- Shoes should be professional and deemed appropriate for the setting. Shoes must also be in good repair, clean, with closed-toes, and with backs which are closed or with straps.
- No unsafe jewelry, facial piercing, visible tattoos, neck ties, scarves or lanyards hanging from the neck/body, in labs, sim and patient care areas.
- White lab coat, embroidered by SON with Boise State approved branding, clean and pressed as appropriate.
- Facility provided name badge with photo, or Boise State University picture ID on a collar clip.
SON: Faculty and Staff Expectations (Policy FSP-02)
Last Review Date
Fall 2013, July 2020, 4/1/2022