Pursuing a master’s degree in accounting can be a significant step towards advancing your career and achieving professional success in the dynamic field of finance. As you explore your options, two popular choices are readily available: a Master of Science in Accountancy (MSA) and a Master of Accountancy (MACC) degree.
What is an MSA Degree?
MSA programs often require an undergraduate degree in accounting, though some universities may offer pathways for individuals with non-accounting backgrounds.
Key Features of an MSA Program
- Emphasis on advanced accounting principles and practices
- Comprehensive study of financial reporting, auditing, taxation and accounting research
- Opportunities for specialization, such as forensic accounting, governmental accounting or information systems
- A solid foundation for professional certifications, such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Ideal for individuals seeking in-depth knowledge and expertise in accounting
What is a MACC Degree?
A MACC degree offers many of the same benefits of an MSA degree, with very few differences. Just like an MSA, a MACC often requires an undergraduate degree in accounting and enhances your existing skills and knowledge.
Key Features of a MACC Program
- Advanced coursework that builds upon fundamental accounting concepts
- Specializations available to concentrate on a specific area, such as taxation, auditing or management
- Development of leadership and communication skills essential for managerial positions
- A bridge for accounting professionals looking to take their careers to the next level
Why Should You Choose the Online MSA Program at Boise State?
If you’re considering pursuing an accounting master’s degree online, Boise State University’s online Master of Science in Accountancy program offers numerous advantages:
- Flexibility: The online format allows you to balance your academic pursuits with personal and professional commitments. This flexibility benefits working professionals seeking career advancement without disrupting careers.
- Curriculum: The MSA program at Boise State University covers a wide range of accounting topics, equipping students with the knowledge and skills needed to excel in the industry. The coursework focuses on practical applications, ensuring you are ready to tackle real-world challenges.
- Accreditation: Boise State University’s College of Business and Economics holds prestigious accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). This recognition assures the program’s quality and relevancy to the business world.
- Expert Faculty: The MSA program is taught by experienced faculty members who are experts in their respective fields. Their industry insights and guidance will be invaluable as you progress through your studies.
- Networking Opportunities: You’ll have the chance to connect with fellow accounting professionals, faculty and alumni, expanding your professional network and opening doors to new opportunities.
Ready to Get Started on Your Online MSA?
As you embark on your journey to obtain a master’s degree in accounting, choosing between an MSA and MACC is an important decision. The MSA offers a broader and deeper exploration of accounting principles, while the MACC focuses on enhancing existing skills for advanced roles.
If you’re seeking flexibility, academic rigor and networking opportunities, consider applying to the online Master of Science in Accountancy program at Boise State University. With its comprehensive curriculum, esteemed faculty and AACSB accreditation, this program will prepare you for a successful and fulfilling career in the accounting field.
Don’t wait to take the next step in your accounting career. Apply for the online Master of Science in Accountancy at Boise State University today and unlock your potential in the world of finance and accounting.