As a graduate of the Master of Accountancy (MSA) Online program at Boise State, you will be equipped for success when taking the CPA exam. In fact, individuals who complete our Master of Accountancy succeeded with a 92% pass rate as first-time CPA test-takers.
The complexity of today’s business environment requires public accountants to have expertise in accounting principles and procedures and to understand the financial, managerial, legal, and tax ramifications of business transactions.
This program is designed to prepare you for a career within the broader framework of business decision-making.
Our online accounting degree outcomes include preparation to join the workforce with advanced accounting knowledge. Our faculty members have substantial accounting experience and have been published in numerous academic and industry journals.
Working with them you will learn the skills necessary for a broad framework of business decision making including:
- Analytical and critical thinking by researching current accounting issues using the appropriate professional literature
- Knowledge of professional and ethical responsibilities
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Effective information technology and data analytic skills
What can I do with this degree?
The following statistics are from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor:
- Tax Manager
- Public Accountant
- Financial Analyst
- Information Technology (IT) Auditor
- External/Internal Auditor
Projected New Jobs
- 7% job growth from 2020-2030.
- $77,250 annually or $37.14 hourly.
Didn't find what you're looking for?
Contact our Enrollment and Student Success Team for support by emailing us at OnlineMSA@boisestate.edu, calling (208) 426-5921, or clicking the Chat button below.