Is an online business management degree valuable?

Earning an online business management degree is a big commitment, but it’s an even bigger investment in your future. That’s why it’s so important to determine if it’s a worthwhile endeavor before you enroll.

The value of an online business management degree depends largely on your strengths and the professional goals you have in mind.

However, the right program, such as Boise State University’s online Bachelor of Business Administration in Management, can prepare you for success with an emphasis on managerial problem solving, interpersonal competence, responsible business practices, innovation and leadership in a team environment.

In addition to receiving the same high-value education you would in an in-person setting, the program is designed for working adults looking to build on previous college and work experience. The flexibility allows you to continue building on your career while you enhance your skills.

Earning an online Bachelor of Business Administration will also open the door to a variety of career opportunities. Plus, you will achieve managerial problem-solving, leadership and teamwork, responsible business practices, innovation and modern workplace management competencies, providing solid value for your investment.

Tailor-Made

You can also customize your degree by adding an optional emphasis area or certificate in areas including entrepreneurship, business creation and resort and hospitality management.

Emphasis areas must be completed within the degree program, but certificates may be completed independently or in conjunction with a degree program.

Boise State’s online Bachelor of Business Administration is recognized as one of the top programs in the country by the U.S. News & World Report, ranking in the top 11% (#24 out of 214 institutions) for bachelor’s degree programs, bachelor of business degree programs and bachelor’s degree programs for veterans in 2023.

Whether or not you choose an emphasis area or certification, you will learn relevant curriculum from faculty and staff committed to providing comprehensive care and support throughout your time in the program.

Bronco Success Stories

A trio of May 2023 graduates of the online Bachelor of Business Administration program is seeing their investments pay dividends.

Krysten Counts

After majoring in social work, then elementary education, Krysten Counts switched to business and found a program that aligned with her aspirations to open a facility that helps kids who have either been abused, are homeless or have parents who are addicts.

Counts experienced similar difficult circumstances growing up and helped other kids cope with parents battling addiction at Boise Rescue Mission Ministries.

“There wasn’t as much freedom to approach it in a way I felt was calling me with my first two majors,” she said. “Business management worked out well for me. If you own your own business, you can approach it how you want.”

Angelica Fabricatore

Ten years after enrolling in college, Angelica Fabricatore returned to higher education after serving in the United States Army. She initially planned to become a forest ranger.

“I wanted to open up my opportunities, so I decided that business was a better way to go for me,” she said. “I had leadership experience as a non-commissioned officer in the military, but I didn’t have any business background.”

Fabricatore recently became an assistant manager for Sherwin-Williams. She entered the company’s management trainee program after attending a career fair at Boise State.

Chris Parker

Since graduating from Boise State, Chris Parker is thriving as the owner of his own business, Astra LLC, a Twin Falls, Idaho, engineering consulting firm.

“The program helped me feel confident enough to run my business,” he said. “There are a lot of engineers who start consulting firms, but they don’t know what it takes to run a healthy business. This degree set me up for success.

“I’ve been able to carve out a niche and specialize based on some of the lessons I learned in the Boise State program. The business has gone nuts since I graduated.”

Learn More About Business Management

Want to become a Boise State Online Bachelor of Business Administration graduate success story, too? Join us for an online information session or contact a student success coach.
Contact a Student Success Coach
Attend a Live, Virtual Information Session