Certificate in Workplace E-Learning Design and Development
The online Graduate Certificate in Workplace E-Learning Design and Development (WELDD) is designed for individuals who wish to develop skills in developing and managing e-learning and performance support in the workplace. This program emphasizes the competencies required to design, develop, and manage workplace e-learning and performance support systems. See the application procedure and course fees.
To be eligible to earn the certificate a student must be admitted prior to completing all the requirements.
Application Due Date: July 18, 2022
Class Start Date: August 22, 2022
|Graduate Certificate in Workplace E-Learning Design and Development (WELDD)|
Effective Fall 2020
|OPWL 536 Foundations of Organizational Performance and Workplace Learning||4|
|OPWL 523 E-Learning Authoring and Development||3|
|OPWL 525 E-Learning Content Design and Learning Management Systems|
(COREQ: OPWL 536)
|OPWL 550 Blended Learning for Performance Improvement|
(COREQ: OPWL 536)
|OPWL 551 Storyboarding and Scenario-Based E-Learning|
(COREQ: OPWL 536)
|Certificate requirements total||16|
|NOTE: If earning more than one certificate, please note that you cannot apply the same electives used toward one certificate to another. The electives applied must be unique to each certificate.|
Workplace E-Learning Design and Development
Full-time study: 2 semesters
Part-time study: 3 semesters
One course a semester: 1.5 years
The Study of E-Learning Design
E-learning allows organizations to deliver consistent training to employees on demand, anytime, anywhere.
E-learning has the potential of not just cutting costs (reduced travel, efficiency with updating training, etc.) it also holds the promise of delivering training in a systematic manner that can improve the performance of employees throughout the organization.
Who Should Take E-Learning Design Courses?
- Instructional designers seeking to expand their skills and provide added value in their organizational role
- Individuals wanting to break into the field, but who haven’t formalized their knowledge of the tools or developed portfolio samples
- Graphic designers that already practice many of the visual design principles and are ready to apply them to digital interactive experiences
E-Learning Design Courses with OPWL
The Graduate Certificate in Workplace E-Learning Design and Development (WELDD) provides:
- an overview of the field and the models e-learning designers/developers will be expected to know (OPWL 536)
- introduction to the theories and practice of storyboarding and learning management systems (OPWL 551)
- guided practice with an authoring language, integrated with rapid e-learning development strategies, culminating in an e-learning design portfolio sample (OPWL 523)
- experience embedding e-learning into an LMS with additional exposure to compliance and e-learning development (OPWL 525)
- using “blended learning strategies” (e.g. face-to-face, online classroom, e-learning, etc.) to accomplish improved skill/knowledge transfer outcomes (OPWL 550)
Workplace E-Learning Design and Development with OPWL
Admission into the Workplace E-Learning Design and Development (WELDD) graduate certificate provides the individual with focused study in workplace e-learning and is intended to culminate with entry into the profession via internship or full-time employment. For individuals already working in the profession, completion of the M.S. in Organizational Performance and Workplace Learning (OPWL) provides upward mobility and the potential of increased income. If you are already working in the field, then consider our MS in OPWL!