Ayden Lindsay, 2024 Designer

Each year the President’s Writing Awards works with a graphic design student to create posters, fliers, and banners to market the awards. Ayden Lindsay designed the poster for the 2024 President’s Writing Awards.

About Ayden

I’m from Caldwell, Idaho and I came to Boise State to pursue my creative endeavors through the Blue Thunder Marching Band and the Graphic Design Program. Boise is such a growing art and cultural center and I was super excited to be at the heart of it at the University.

I am currently studying Graphic Design with a Minor in Arts Entrepreneurship and am set to graduate in the spring of 2024. I love designing things that are bright, bold, and fun.

Outside of my design work and art, I am a musician (I play 4 instruments), I enjoy reading big fantasy books with my dad, taking care of plants, and exploring the natural world!

2024 Poster Design

Requirements

Designers must fit all required content into a poster sized 4.25 x 5.5 inches with readable text, high contrast colors, and some graphical elements.

The flier needs to include all of the following:

• President’s Writing Awards.
  • Boise State University.
  • [Contest categories and text]
  • [submission instructions]
  • [Year].
  • Submission Deadline [month and day].
  • URL: http://president.boisestate.edu/presidents-writing-awards/
  • Email address: presidentswritingawards@boisestate.edu

The posters are printed and distributed to faculty, students, and department main offices to advertise the event.

Final Poster Design

Final poster design - design features large pencil graphic circling prize award amounts
President’s Writing Awards 2024 Poster by Ayden Lindsay. Select to view full image in a new window.