Cyberinfrastructure (CI) Resources
- High Performance Computing (cluster) – access to Boise State Clusters including options for node buy-in as well as access to external HPC resources, such as XSEDE or DOE
- Virtual Machines (servers)
- Data Storage Space (< 25TB) – NOTE: OIT/Research Computing provides a total of 25TB to faculty and staff for storage. If your project will cause your allocation to exceed 25TB (in aggregate), please contact Research Computing.
- Data protection / backup
- Software Purchase – NOTE: If software will be purchased, please submit a request to the Software and Accessibility Review Board (SARB) by completing the SARB Questionnaire. This allows OIT to facilitate an interdepartmental review of new software and software renewals.
- Compliance (See Data Compliance)
- Specialized or custom devices and configurations
- Large data transfer
- Requirements for 10Gbe and greater speed in offices or research labs
Scientific Programming Support
Assistance with writing or updating software to optimize it for research.
Does your data need to adhere to any regulatory compliance, standards, or data usage agreements? Examples:
- RHI (research health information)
- PHI (protected health information)
- Human subject data
- NIST 800-171/DFARS 252.204-7012
Other OIT Services
- Software licensing
- Website hosting
- Website and/or application development