6 Years of Elementary and Secondary Education in Idaho for Idaho Residency
What is 6 Years of Elementary and Secondary Education in Idaho?
You have completed 6 years of elementary and secondary education in Idaho, are domiciled in Idaho, and have matriculated at an institution within 8 years following completion of secondary education.
Domicile is an individual’s true, fixed and permanent home and place of habitation; it is the place where the individual intends to remain and expects to return to when leaving without establishing a new domicile elsewhere.
Required Documentation for 6 Years of Elementary and Secondary Education in Idaho
- Proof of enrollment in Idaho school – can be in the form of report cards, official transcripts, or a letter from the school district confirming dates of enrollment.
- Idaho Residency Determination Worksheet
How to Change Your Residency Status
- Choose one of the paths to residency listed below and prepare your documentation.
- Complete the Idaho Residency Determination Worksheet.
- Email the worksheet and supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also bring the worksheet and documentation to the Registrar’s Office, Admin Building Room 110.
A form requesting reclassification to resident status may be filed after qualifying criteria have been satisfied but no later than 10 school days after the opening of the semester for which the change in status is requested.