Skip to main content

Graduate Student with Degree for Idaho Residency

What is a Graduate Student with a Degree?

You are a graduate student who has earned a baccalaureate degree from a public institution (or institution pursuant of Idaho Code 33-2402) of higher education and physically resided in Idaho for the final 12 months of undergraduate studies and enrolled as a graduate student no later than 36 months after receiving a baccalaureate degree from the undergraduate institution.


Domicile is an individual’s true, fixed and permanent home and place of habitation; it is the place where the individual intends to remain and expects to return to when leaving without establishing a new domicile elsewhere.

Required Documentation for Graduate Students with a Degree

How to Change Your Residency Status

  1. Choose one of the paths to residency listed below and prepare your documentation.
  2. Complete the Idaho Residency Determination Worksheet.
  3. Email the worksheet and supporting documentation to You may also bring the worksheet and documentation to the Registrar’s Office, Admin Building Room 110.

A form requesting reclassification to resident status may be filed after qualifying criteria have been satisfied but no later than 10 school days after the opening of the semester for which the change in status is requested.


Email or call (208) 426-4249.