Skip to main content

Graduate of an Idaho High School for Idaho Residency

What is a Graduate of an Idaho High School?

You are a graduate from an accredited Idaho high school, are domiciled in Idaho, and have an enrolled in an institution within 8 years immediately following secondary school graduation regardless of the domicile of your parent or guardian (except if a non-US citizen, see non-resident definition below).


Domicile is an individual’s true, fixed and permanent home and place of habitation; it is the place where the individual intends to remain and expects to return to when leaving without establishing a new domicile elsewhere.

Required Documentation for Graduates of an Idaho High School

How to Change Your Residency Status

  1. Choose one of the paths to residency listed below and prepare your documentation.
  2. Complete the Idaho Residency Determination Worksheet.
  3. Email the worksheet and supporting documentation to You may also bring the worksheet and documentation to the Registrar’s Office, Admin Building Room 110.

A form requesting reclassification to resident status may be filed after qualifying criteria have been satisfied but no later than 10 school days after the opening of the semester for which the change in status is requested.


Email or call (208) 426-4249.