This checklist provides the recommended steps to prepare for graduation. You will be notified via BroncoMail if you are a valid candidate for graduation. If you are missing graduation requirements, your graduation date will be moved to the next term.
- Contact your academic advisor(s) and make an appointment to review your records.
- Take a copy of your Academic Advisement Report (AAR) to your advising appointment. To access your report login in to your myBoiseState student center and select Academic Requirements from the drop down box.
- Confirm that your major(s)/minor(s) and catalog year are correct on your AAR.
- Review all graduation requirements on the AAR with your advisor to confirm that all requirements will be met at the end of your final semester. Complete any necessary academic adjustment forms.
- Apply for graduation by the deadline published in the Academic Calendar. To apply for graduation, login to your myBoiseState student center and select Apply For Graduation from the drop down box.
- Pay the application fee ($20/ undergraduate degree and certificate).
- Review your Primary Name on myBoiseState. This is the name that will be used on your diploma.
- Review your Mailing Address on myBoiseState. This is where your diploma will be sent after graduation.
Printer friendly undergraduate checklist for your personal use.
Failure to Meet Degree Requirements
As an undergraduate student, if you fail to meet all your degree requirements, your graduation date will be moved to the next available graduation date.
If your graduation date is moved, the Registrar’s Office will notify you via BroncoMail that the expected date of your graduation has been moved to the next available graduation date because of incomplete degree requirements. If there are circumstances that the Registrar’s Office is not aware of that would allow you to graduate, you must notify your graduation evaluator within two weeks of receiving the email.
Your graduation date is allowed to change twice. If you do not complete the degree requirements after the second date change, the Registrar’s Office will place your graduation file in Inactive Status.
If your graduation application is placed on Inactive Status, the Registrar’s Office will notify you via BroncoMail. Even if your graduation application is inactive, you will still be eligible to register and attend classes unless there is a hold on your account related to another matter.
To become eligible for a new graduation date, contact the Registrar’s Office in writing with the new expected date of graduation. Your notification must arrive at the Registrar’s Office prior to the deadline to apply for graduation. A new application is not required, nor is an additional diploma fee.