2021 NIH Virtual Seminar on Program Funding and Grants Administration
Empowering the Research Workforce to Fuel Scientific Discovery
The 2021 NIH Virtual Seminar on Program Funding and Grants Administration has been designed to provide you with a unique opportunity to learn about the NIH grants process, programs, and policies directly from NIH & HHS experts.
This event is intended to help:
- Demystify the application and review process;
- Clarify federal regulations and policies; and
- Highlight current areas of special interest or concern.
Who Should Attend?
This seminar is designed for those who are new to working with the NIH grants process – administrators, early-stage investigators, researchers, graduate students, etc. For those with more experience, NIH experts provide a few sessions that are designed for participants that are more advanced and are focused on more in-depth policies and processes.
What to expect?
You may be familiar with the NIH Regional Seminar and wondering if this is the same event moved to a virtual environment. There are some similarities, but also some modifications to accommodate the new format.
- Four Days: Monday, Nov. 1 – Thursday, Nov. 4
- Three concurrent sessions on most days. Open to all participants – no further registration.
- 45-minute session times with a 15-minute break before the next one begins. All sessions are live, though a few will show a short pre-recorded video.
- Staffed and Unstaffed Hours: All noted times are in the U.S. New York time zone – EDT
- Concurrent Sessions 1:00 PM – 5:45 PM
- Meet the Experts Exhibit Halls: 4 Rooms with Booths – NIH Central Resource Room (Staffed 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM); NIH Institute and Center – Rooms A & B (Times vary for staffing, but open 24/7 for resources); Special Topics and Funding Program Room (Times vary for staffing, but open f24/7 for resources).
- Presenters and 1:1 Meet the Experts: Staff represent HHS and NIH programs, offices, and Institutes and Centers.
- All this for free!