Idaho Department of Commerce
The mission of the Idaho Department of Commerce Idaho Global Entrepreneurial Mission (IGEM-Commerce) program is to advance new technologies, scientific developments, and or industry changing services to commercialization. Commercialization is the process of transforming concepts, prototypes, and services into viable market products. IGEM-Commerce accomplishes its mission by strategically sponsoring commercialization research at Idaho’s public universities. To be eligible for an IGEM-Commerce grant, an established partnership must exist between an Idaho public research university and an industry partner(s). The partnership must be focused on leveraging research to advance the new technology, product, service, etc.
All IGEM-Commerce proposals must:
- Comprise an established partnership between at least one company and Boise State University (additional collaboration with University of Idaho and/or Idaho State University is also encouraged);
- Propose to research and/or develop a product or service; and
- Propose to commercialize (bring to market) the research outcomes produced by the university in collaboration with the industry partner(s)
This is the first round of funding for the FY22 IGEM-Commerce program. Additional limited submission rounds will be conducted for the later due dates. For more information, view the IGEM-Commerce Website.
There is no limit on individual grant amounts. The IGEM-Commerce program has an annual budget of $950,000. IGEM-Commerce has previously funded grants ranging from $41,000 to $427,000.
Limited Submission Requirements and Timeline:
Only proposals approved by the Division of Research and Economic Development may be submitted to this program. For such approval, Principal Investigators must first submit a one –to –two page white paper, which includes details about the current relationship with the industry partner, to email@example.com by Monday, October 4, 2021 at 5 PM.
If selected to submit a full proposal, PIs must ensure that proposals meet all requirements listed on the IGEM-Commerce Website, in this announcement, and in the implementing laws and regulations related to this state grant program.
Key Submission Dates:
10/04/2021 at 5 PM – White paper due to firstname.lastname@example.org
10/05/2021 – Internal Awardees Notified
10/07/2021 – Full proposal due to OSP
10/13/2021 – Full proposal due to Idaho Department of Commerce
Important Note on Industry Partner Requirements:
All proposals must have an Industry Partner and “all approved awards are required to include a monetary or in-kind contribution from the Industry Partner.” IDAPA §28.02.07 (301). As defined, an Industry Partner “designs, produces, or sells goods or services or that contractually agrees to undertake such acts in connection with technologies licensed or otherwise transferred to the entity by a University.” IDAPA §28.02.07(010.07).
Specifically, Industry Partners on IGEM-Commerce proposal are required to:
- Make a contribution to the project, whether monetary or in-kind;
- Contribute market information, business and strategic plans, and other required information to the proposal;
- Present before the IGEM-Commerce Council, if the proposed project is selected for in-person review; and
- Negotiate with Boise State University in good faith to license and commercialize the research outputs of the IGEM-Commerce funded.
Please note: NO MONEY CAN GO TO THE INDUSTRY PARTNER.
Did you find a limited submission opportunity? Email email@example.com.